Nectarine and Avocado Arugula Salad
It’s just that time of year when salads are so satisfying. This Nectarine and Avocado Arugula Salad fits the bill. The sweetness from the nectarines, the creaminess of the avocado, and the peppery flavor of the arugula come alive alongside the acidity of the homemade vinaigrette. Serve as a side salad with some meat from a night on the grill or add some steamed shrimp or prosciutto with a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio for a complete savory meal!
How to alter this recipe:
- A peach can be subbed for the nectarine.
- Arugula can be swapped out for mixed spring greens or your favorite lettuce.
- The maple syrup can be eliminated or honey or coconut crystals can be used.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, shallot, salt, and pepper.
2. Toss in nectarine slices and avocado dices.
3. Add arugula and toss. Transfer to two bowls.